Tuesday 5 October 2010

Hot Cocoa Bliss

So, I've had a couple requests for the hot cocoa recipe I blogged about.  It's really very, very simple.  I'll post it here for your use.  I've no idea of its origin, and I will not vouch for its nutritional value.  But it sure is goooo-oood!  The ingredients are in U.S. measurements, but online measurement converters abound.

Momma's Hot Cocoa (ala Charlotte Coleson)

  • 1 32-oz. box hot chocolate mix (e.g. Nestlé’s Quick)
  • 1 lb. confectioner’s sugar
  • 10 2/3 c. powdered milk (enough for 8 qts.)

Sift all ingredients into a LARGE bowl, then stir together (slowly to avoid choking on dust!).  Stored in an airtight container, this will last for months.

To enjoy: add ¼ c. mix to mug; mix with 8-10 oz. boiling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment