Tuesday 10 August 2010

Random Amazement

In recent days I've been amazed at how . . .

. . . The death of someone you don't know can still affect you profoundly.  Today we learned that one of the medical aid workers killed in the ambush in Afghanistan last week, Cheryl Beckett, graduated from IWU with Josh in 2001.  Here is part of the story.  Neither of us knew Cheryl personally, but I have been thinking about her and her family all day long with sorrow, and praying for the Lord's presence with them.
-------------------

. . . Sometimes people click so well.  We had dear friends living with us for almost two weeks while they wait for their new flat to be ready.  We're better friends than ever, even after sharing a house, and all four grownups working at the same college every day, and our children being together 24/7, and sharing groceries and all our meals, and one shower and one toilet for 6 people.  Good friends are a true gift from God.  Arseny and Elena have embraced us from the moment we met them, our first week in England, and we survived living together!
-------------------

. . . My birthday still makes me so happy.  :)  And even though I had to make my own cake this year, I had success with my new lemon buttercream frosting recipe, and the yummy final product made me extremely happy.  All in all, a great day!
-------------------

. . . Resilient children are.  Little Man's skin is literally cracking off of his stomach, but he's still full of smiles.

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying for Joseph and hope that you are getting good hospital care and that he will heal quickly and well.

    Love to you all
    J and JA
    x

    ReplyDelete