Saturday 18 September 2010

Tears, and the Light of Morning

I can't say that I ever would have thought of Facebook as a means of grace.  But last night, I was totally overwhelmed by Little Man's situation.  I sat on our bed attending him with cuddles, rocking and singing, new dressings, cold cloths, etc., for almost an hour while he literally writhed in misery from the burning and itching of the blisters and spots.  The Benadryl wasn't strong enough, and the pharmacies were closed, and the doctors forgot to include the overnight-strength antihistamine on the prescription sheet.

After Little Man finally fell asleep, I succumbed to some tears.  I also succumbed to some venting on Facebook.  I then fell into an exhausted sleep, full of vivid and tense dreams.  My darling husband let me sleep late, and I woke feeling rested and actually a bit better about things.

Checking in on Facebook with my morning cuppa, I was immediately encouraged, and reminded of how much we are loved and cared for by God, through his people.  Friends and family far and wide had responded immediately.  Almost 20 messages of support, with prayers, love, and offers of help with everything from rides to the emergency room, to groceries and meals, to writing a prescription, poured in.

In the wee hours of the night, one can feel alone and extremely helpless.  When morning breaks, though, I realise again that God was right there with me, holding me with my husband's arms, and rocking Little Man in my own lap, and preparing my encouragement for the morning.  And I am blessed.

‎"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, 
his mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning." 
Lamentations 3:22-24




No comments:

Post a Comment