Saturday 3 October 2009

Sick and Tired

I have been sick with a horrible cold for the last three weeks.  While sick, I have: worked a 55-hour work week during Orientation Week at NTC; traveled from Manchester to Indianapolis for a weekend conference where I presented a paper; planned and executed 13 worship services; and moved into a new house.  Needless to say, I am exhausted.  Sick and tired.

And even though I don't remember the last time I felt this drained, I have also been surrounded by dear friends offering help, supportive coworkers, loving family, and a fabulous husband who has carried the load without complaint.  And through all this, God has blessed me time and time again, sustaining me when I was past the breaking point.

Tonight, we're enjoying the quiet of a mostly unpacked house that feels new, fresh, and uncluttered.  We're watching season 4 of The Office, and I'm looking forward to a good night's rest and another restful day tomorrow.

So, even though I'm sick and tired, I'm content and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment